Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Poetry Some Called Him Teacher

My daughter warns me Blogging will become addictive and I am all eager now to try out my new world. Lets try dropping in one of my poems...oh this is fun...it works..if you like this I have more on my website called www.freewebs.com/pilgrimhaven

Some Called Him Teacher

Some Called Him Teacher
I find Him here
Among the smiles
Of students laughing in the halls
The sweat upon their brows
As they walk into study halls
Some facing crucifixion
The quiet in the chapel
Is sudden and sweet
Like spring rain
In a drought
And it is tempting to think
That I find Him only here
Though the candle burns
I force myself to remember
That life is a prayer
As some paper airplane
Floats overhead
And the graffiti never says
Have a nice day.
People called Him Teacher
He wrote in the sand
Told stories
Provided illustrations
Rewarded effort
Allowed for less then intelligent questions
Corrected error
Directed towards change
Challenged their thinking
Teacher
Teach us How to Pray
Teacher
Tell us about the Kingdom of God
Teacher
Who is my neighbour
And he taught them from life
From the present, from the past
By example, by action, word & deed
His Life is a Prayer
In the dust and in the dark
In the laughter
In the sorrow
He leaves us to follow
Not on our own
Though we stumble, like children
Like students
Like pilgrims
On the road
He meets us where we are
Dusts us off
Helps us find the answers
To those questions
He has placed in our souls.
Eternal Teacher / Mentor / Christ

Lorna J Tatomir © 06/12/2001

No comments: